Cases ordered into the Virtual MSC Program must be registered by Plaintiff's counsel on resolvelawla.com. The Virtual MSC is court ordered and requires the appropriate decision makers for all parties to attend the Virtual MSC.
For each MSC, there will be one Plaintiff attorney and one defense attorney acting as the Settlement Officers. There is no charge to either party for this program; the Settlement Officers volunteer their time to aid the parties in resolving their dispute. The Virtual MSCs are three hours long and are conducted at 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
To register a case for Resolve Law LA's Virtual MSC Program, Plaintiff's counsel will need to follow these steps:
- Create an account on this system. The account is specific to the plaintiff lawyer who creates that account.
- From the Attorney Dashboard, register a case using the "Register New Case" button.
- One the case is registered, select a date and time for the Virtual MSC through the "Virtual MSC Scheduler."
- Plaintiff's counsel must coordinate with defense counsel to agree upon a date and time for the MSC on which all parties and their counsel can attend virtually. Attendance of all parties and their counsel is mandatory pursuant to Court order.
- The Virtual MSC Scheduler will only allow Plaintiff's counsel to select a date and time for which there are both a plaintiff and defense side settlement officer available.
- Once the case is registered, from case details page, click the button "Schedule MSC" to set the date and time of the virtual MSC.
EACH CASE MAY ONLY BE REGISTERED ONCE AND YOU MAY ONLY SCHEDULE ONE MSC DATE AND TIME PER CASE. PLEASE COORDINATE WITH THE OTHER PARTY SO THE CASE IS REGISTERED ONLY ONCE.
Once a date and time is selected for the virtual MSC, the parties are required to attend per the Superior Court of Los Angeles County's applicable Standing Order re Resolve Law LA Virtual MSC Program.
Confidential MSC briefs must be uploaded to Resolve Law LA’s website by each party.